April/May 2011 Turkey
· The tour begins in the city of Antalya founded in 150 BC on the southwest coast with its recently restored city center of Kaleiçi. It continues on to the formidable castle on the Bodrum Peninsula built by the Knights Hospitallier in the 15th Century. Next there is a full day of touring the Ionian coast followed by a day in Ephesus. It was first a Greek City founded in the 10th Century BC and later became Roman. It contains the largest collection of Roman ruins in the eastern Mediterranean. Finally, there are four days in Istanbul giving adequate time to see the many important sights such as the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the spice market, the Church of Saint Saviour, and many others.
May/June 2011 Croatia and Montenegro
· This tour follows the beautiful coast of the Adriatic from Dubrovnik to Kotor, and includes the island of Korcula, the city of Split, by ferry to Hvar, then on to Trogir and Pakova, Zadar, the National Park of Plitvice and finally Zagreb. Along the way there will be lectures on both the recent and ancient history of this newly rediscovered destination.
· An extension to Trieste and Venice is possible.
September 2011 Russia/Estonia/Finland
· Our tour includes stops in Moscow, St Petersburg, Novgorod, Pskov, Tallinn and Helsinki by ferry.
· An extension to Stockholm by overnight ferry from Helsinki is possible.
February 2012 India
· This women only tour will explore New Delhi along with Agra, Kolkata, Shimla and finally Goa.
· Accommodations will be exclusively at the opulent Oberoi hotels.
April/May 2012 Australia
· Traveling by air, train, and coach, this 21 day trip will allow enough time to discover the many faces of this enormous country. The tour will include the city scene in Sydney, including a show, with stops in Perth on the West coast and Brisbane on the East. Also included is a visit to Tasmania and an overnight stay on Fraser Island.
· A ride on the recently completed train connection from Alice Springs to Adelaide is a must do as is a visit to Ayers Rock and the famous reefs.
· The optional six night New Zealand extension will concentrate on the magnificent natural parks as well as the major cities of Wellington and Auckland.